Welcome to CTHUTUBE. Home of all things strange, odd, and Lovecraftian.

Total Pageviews

CTHUTUBE

CTHUTUBE
Cthutube not only brings you horror and game news, but also spotlights the best blogs and podcasts from across the internet. I love these shows and want to bring as much attention to them as possible. So if you have a game, comic, or just cool indie show or blog, let me know. Kyle Everett "FUBAR" Sember kesinpa@gmail.com

SCORE SOME AWESOME ZOMBIE SWAG!

SCORE SOME AWESOME ZOMBIE SWAG AND HELP OUR SITE! http://www.cafepress.com/cthutubezombieswag

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Minority status regarding artistic grants: A rather serious question

OK, I kind of need serious advice about a problem I am having. (please do not troll, I need real opinions) For years I have been trying to get funding to do a web series/movie. I have had zero luck trying to get funding for it. A family member suggested that in my pitch I mention that I am Apache, because "I would be more likely to get funding because of my status as a minority." I never did this. But recently I have been kind of down about what I am doing with my life. I have not been able to raise a cent for the web series I want to do. On top of that I lost a shitload of pc gear in a flood we had in Pittsburgh recently. So, I have been kind of desperate to raise some funds to the point I sold off my movie collection just to keep my blog up. So just for the hell of it, in a grant proposal I mentioned I was Apache. And I was offered the money I need to make my series. This is the same grant proposal I have made a million times. But that little name "Apache" seemed to sell it. I want to make this series. Being a filmmaker has been all I wanted since I was 15. But getting the money just because I'm a minority... that does not sit well with me. I'm not sure what to do. Advice anyone?

 

Follow Cthutube for breaking news on horror, movies, books, comics, television, RPG's, Video Games, NOTLD, Call Of Cthulhu, Trail Of Cthulhu, Arkham Horror, Day Z, The Walking Dead, World War Z, AFMBE, Left 4 Dead, Elder Sign, Mansions Of Madness, horror and zombie games, Dungeons & Dragons, and all things Lovecraftian!- Yours in gothic supremacy, Kyle Everett FUBAR Sember





Share on Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment