Welcome to CTHUTUBE. Home of all things strange, odd, and Lovecraftian.

Total Pageviews

CTHUTUBE

CTHUTUBE
Cthutube not only brings you horror and game news, but also spotlights the best blogs and podcasts from across the internet. I love these shows and want to bring as much attention to them as possible. So if you have a game, comic, or just cool indie show or blog, let me know. Kyle Everett "FUBAR" Sember kesinpa@gmail.com

SCORE SOME AWESOME ZOMBIE SWAG!

SCORE SOME AWESOME ZOMBIE SWAG AND HELP OUR SITE! http://www.cafepress.com/cthutubezombieswag

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Clothing company that attempted to profit off of Aurora, Colo. shooting threatens boycott with legal action plz read and RT

Clothing company attempts to profit off of Aurora, Colo. Batman: Dark Knight Rises shooting

Some of you may remember early this week when I reported the online clothing site "Celeb Boutique" attempted to make a quick buck off of the Aurora, Colo. Dark Knight Rises shooting.

If not read all about it here http://www.cthutube.com/2012/07/clothing-company-attempts-to-profit-off.html

Shortly after I started a Facebook page to boycott "Celeb Boutique" due to this disgusting sales tactic.

Now "Celeb Boutique" has had it's lawyers threaten me with legal action, as a boycott is "wrongful interference" with the laws of England and Wales.

Read the full letter they sent me below.

Now pardon me, but I believe that making money off of over a dozen people, including children, being murdered is wrong.

But "Celeb Boutique", it's owners, and legal representation don't agree with me.

Well, maybe I'm just old fashioned.

So, the Facebook page will be taken down. However I will do everything in my power to inform the public of this, and how I and "Celeb Boutique" disagree over the value of human life.

I thought this was wrong, go figure..-

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow Cthutube for breaking news on horror, movies, books, comics, television, RPG's, Video Games, NOTLD, Call Of Cthulhu, Trail Of Cthulhu, Arkham Horror, DC Universe Online, Magic The Gathering, AFMBE, Left 4 Dead, Elder Sign, Mansions Of Madness, horror and zombie games, Dungeons & Dragons, and all things Lovecraftian!- Kyle Everett SemberPhotobucket
Looking for some instant thrills and chills? Find all the films on Cthutube's Top 100 Horror Movies Of All Time list as well as others in our Amazon Instant Video store! No wait, no late fees , no rewinding, and every sale supports the site!

4 comments:

  1. The Aurora dress was launched before the shooting happened. CelebBoutique later apologized saying that they did not know the reason why #Aurora was trending before their post on Twitter. I get why you want them boycotted, but the reasons you have aren't quite stable. If they had made the Aurora dress after the shooting and tried advertising it like that, you would have a much stronger case. Other than that, the post was simply a mistake (a very steep one) and not an attempt to profit off of the Aurora shooting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on most of your points, but I don't believe the Tweet was a mistake. No one is that stupid. With that Tweet CelebBoutique went from unknown company to internet meme sensation. Like the saying goes, "there is no such thing as bad publicity". CelebBoutique WILL make money because of this, and all it took was a distasteful Tweet and a hollow apology.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think any such laws exist. Tell them to do their worst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not familiar with UK law, but I am not worried at all. Funny thing is I probably would have let this go after a week or so, but the fact that they tried to stop me has done nothing but strengthened my resolve to run them out business.

      Delete